My quick and easy recipe is for spaghetti with Richmond Mini Meatballs and my home made spicy tomato sauce. It serves four people. Preparation & cooking time is approx. 15-20 minutes.
12 fresh, ripe tomatoes
140g concentrated tomato puree
2 small onions, chopped roughly
3 cloves garlic, chopped roughly
25g fresh, chopped basil
4-6 chopped green birds eye chillies (seeds in if you like it super-spicy or removed if not)
Bag 40 Richmond mini meatballs
280g dried spaghetti
For the sauce:
- Get a pan of boiled water
- Lightly score the tomatoes into quarters and place them into the water for a few minutes
- Remove the tomatoes from the water and the peel should come off them with ease
- Put the peeled tomatoes into a food processor
- Add the onions, garlic, chillies, basil and tomato puree to the processor
- Whizz it all together on a high setting until the sauce becomes purified
Put the Richmond mini meatballs in the oven on gas mark 4 and cook for 10 minutes.
At the same time, place the spaghetti into a pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
In the last few minutes of cooking the meatballs and spaghetti, put the sauce into a pan and warm gently on a medium heat.
Lay the spaghetti on the plate, leaving a well in the middle. Put the meatballs and sauce into the well and serve.
I must add that the Richmond mini meatballs are absolutely delicious. I had some as well as my 10 year old son and we both loved them! We're fans of Richmond skinless sausages in our house, so when I saw the meatballs, I was looking forward to giving them a go and I was not disappointed! I think they will become a new family favourite in our house!