Welcome to Day 12 of the My Random Blurb advent calendar which is sponsored by...
Up for grabs today is 1 months supply Panda Liquorice Blueberry Bars thanks to Panda Liquorice.
Earlier this year, Panda Liquorice brought you new Blueberry flavour liquorice pieces and
such was the overwhelming response that now new Blueberry bars are to be launched.
Blueberry liquorice was an entirely new invention this year - created by the clever Finnish
liquorice experts at Panda HQ in Jyvaskyla - the Scandinavian home of all things liquorice.
Panda Blueberry bars combine the pure and natural ingredients of Panda Liquorice -
molasses syrup, wheat flour, liquorice extract and aniseed oil - with real blueberry puree,
delivering a soft and chewy bar of liquorice. Panda bars make it easier to snack on
liquorice when youʼre out and about - so whether its a post gym boost, 3pm office treat or a healthier sweet for the kids lunchbox - Panda Blueberry bar is the perfect tasty, guilt-free snack.
Made with real, juicy fruit puree, Panda Blueberry harnesses the king of super-fruits and
contains no nasties - so you can snack away happily.
Did you know that blueberries....?
- Contain more anti-oxidants than any other fruit
- Can help reduce belly fat
- Help to keep you free from urinary-tract infections
- They help to fight heart disease
- They boost brain power!
- Lastly they can neutralize potentially harmful free radicals
Not only that, liquorice has some pretty amazing properties too:
- Liquorice is naturally 50 times sweeter than sugar!
- Liquorice is one of the most popular herbs in the world - it has been used for thousands of years by the ancient Greeks, Chinese, Egyptians and Hindus for its medicinal qualities.
- Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar are both on record endorsing the benefits of liquorice, as is Napoleon in more recent times
- Liquorice has been used to treat stomach and mouth ulcers, adrenal problems, even cancers. It is thought that it can slow the effects of aging on the brain. Most commonly it is used to treat respiratory problems
Liquorice has a few glamourous claims to fame too!
- It featured in Moonraker as the cable-car cable which was bitten by Bond villain ʻJawsʼ
- It made the shoe that Charlie Chaplin famously ate in a silent film The Tramp
- It was used to colour the Orkʼs mouths black in Lords of the Rings
- Celebrity fans include Madonna, Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks and Anne Hathaway
As with all the products in the Panda Liquorice All Natural range, new Blueberry contains
no artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives - so you can feed to the kids
without worry. Panda Blueberry Bars are also suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
For more information on Panda Liquorice products, visit their website http://www.landofliquorice.co.uk/. You can also get all the latest news from them on their Facebook and/or Twitter pages.