I was tagged my @melspur from Twitter on her blog to give this a go - I am not the most interesting person ever, but I will give it a go...
1. I am 28 years old and I have been married to my husband, Paul, 31 since Valentine's Day 2000. He was my best friend's penpal and she invited him over to a party (he is originally from Alresford, Hampshire) on 15th May 1999, we clicked and then from there we never looked back. Several month later, he moved here to Liverpool and we got married on Valentine's Day (14th February) 2000. We have an 8 year old son called David and we plan for more in the future.
2. My claim to fame is that I have been in the Liverpool Echo twice - once when I was a teenager doing a book review with my best friend and another person for our school and the other time was a special on how me and Paul were the youngest couple getting married on Valentine's Day (I was 17 and he was 20).
3. I have a massive interest in the paranormal, UFOlogy and all similar things. I intend to take accredited courses in UFOlogy and Parapsychology in the near future in the hope that I can expand my self-taught knowledge further and maybe even write for a publication on those topics or start my own publication. After all, I am a budding writer - I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, and of course, blogging.
4. I am fascinated with Ancient Egypt. Even now, Egypt is a country with a rich and mysterious culture. But, the main thing for me is how something so astonishing and amazing, i.e. a pyramid could have a) been built so magnificently when technology now could not even duplicate it and b) how they have stood the test of time. I aspire to visit the Great Pyramids at some time in my life, hopefully soon. I also want to take a course in Egyptology and maybe even Archaeology as I have toyed with the idea on many occasions of doing this on a professional basis.
5. I am a massive sci-fi fan. My favourite programme ever being The X-Files, for which I made my own fan forum at http://www.TheXFilesStory.info which has unfortunately been spammed to death despite my best attempts of preventing it! I collect anything to do with it - I have all of the VHS (video) box sets, DVD box sets, trading cards (including some specials, but still a long way short of a full set), magazines, comics, signed photo's, clocks, watches, figures - you name it, I've got it. Despite watching many TV programmes in my life, I have only ever found 3 that I would call favourites - 1) The X-Files 2) Medium 3) ReGenesis - I am very fussy and particular when it comes to favourites.
6. I collect autographs. I have a massive selection - anything from my favourite TV programme stars to footballers, rugby players etc. I've been writing off for them and collecting then since I was about 8 years old!
7. Other random tidbits worth giving a mention as I can't think of anything significant to note: a) I have never been on holiday abroad (as you can't really count Wales as it is still in the UK) - I have never been on a plane b)I am scared of heights c) I recently became a keen fan of growing my own fruit and vegetables d) I am a budding entrepeneur e) I collect coins f) I have recently become an obsessive comper g) I am very opinionated h) I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist at times i) I enjoy cooking j) I collect Monopoly board games k) I enjoy horror films - the gorier the better
I am now supposed to tag some people to give it a go, but I am not one to tag people in things like this, so I just hope instead that some people will follow suit and we can all learn something about each other.